posted on January 30, 2013 11:31
Global Youth Day – March 16, 2013
"He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart … and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” (Luke 10:27, 28, NIV)
Suggested “Acts of Kindness”
Each church should focus on creating a GYD campaign that will inspire daily acts of kindness throughout the entire church. The goal is to integrate daily acts of kindness into our lifestyles, both as individuals and as a church.
Visit the Homeless
· Pack toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, snacks, gloves and warm socks, literature (books, magazines, etc.) and hand them out to the homeless in your church community.
· Prepare healthy snack bags (sandwiches, fruits, water, drinks, etc.)
· Donate new or good used clothing
· Give literature (check with your Personal Ministries Department ahead of time)
For Sick / Shut-ins / Persons in need of assistance
· Prepare food baskets
· Share literature (The Great Controversy, Steps to Christ, Desire of Ages, magazines, etc.)
At the Orphanage
· Share Bible stories
· Hand out toys (toys must be new or in very good, usable condition)
· Clothing (clothes must be new or in very good, usable condition)
· Share songs (sing-alongs)
· Give age appropriate books
Visit a Nursing Home
· Arrange to play an instrument or sing at a nursing home in your area.
· Help with crafts.
· Help serving meals.
· Pray for someone.
· Take flowers for the ladies.
Call or Visit Someone Who is Sick
· Call and ask how they are.
· Surprise them with a visit and bring flowers or a card.
· Bring a meal over.
· Post on Facebook the Act or Acts of Kindness you’ve done during the GYD.
· Post on Twitter the Act or Acts of Kindness you’ve participated in during the GYD.
Acts of Appreciation
· Thank-you baskets or other acts of appreciation to the police and/or fire departments of your city/town